Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Saving Cassie Release Getting Closer

As I type those words in the same sentence, Saving Cassie and release, I can't believe I am going to put it out there for the whole world to see.

Some days I'm confidant that it will sell at least enough copies to cover the cost of the cover. Other days I'm sure it's going to be this huge flop that no one will want to read.  I had no idea last November when I started writing on a borrowed laptop that it would go this far. I was writing to see if I could write 50,000 words in a month, not realizing that it would lead to this.

Then, I started reading the story and editing.  My best friend read it and liked it.  Now I was on my way!  Did some more editing and gave copies to my mom, my sister, and another friend.  They all told me they liked it also.  Wow, I began to think that I might have a book.

First, I thought about going the traditional publishing route.  Decided that wasn't for me, with KDP and Smashwords and Createspace I could do it myself.  I found a fellow author and sent my book off for another opinion.  She really liked the story, giving me some much appreciated feedback.

Now, I have a cover and a Goodreads author page and a tentative publication goal.  I see a few people have put it on their "want to read" shelf.  Amazing!  I had no idea when this started that I would have people waiting to read it.

Now, I am on my way to publishing my first book, with multiple stories in various stages of completion.

Here's hoping you'll stick around to see my dream become a reality...



Add Saving Cassie to your Goodreads

Saving Cassie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment