Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Waiting Game

As I sit here at my laptop thinking about my blog post for this week, I am thinking about Saving Cassie and how my book is now with my editor being picked apart.  Working on another WIP doesn't seem to help, reading someone else's book doesn't seem to help, nothing seems to help.

Sending my work off to someone whose job it is to find the mistakes sounds like it should be easy, but it's not.  Will she like it?  Will she tell me it's complete garbage?  Ack!

I was lucky to find an editor willing to do this for free since Saving Cassie is my first novel, but I have to wait longer as she will work on my book in between her paying jobs.  Still, I am thankful that she is doing this for free.  Here's hoping that I won't have to do a complete rewrite; that would push my hoped-for publication date back too far to think about.

Many thanks to Editor Afloat for agreeing to edit for free, it is appreciated!

Good News This Week

I do have some good news for this week - Cover Pub sent me the concept artwork for the custom cover I won.  I decided that Invisible will be the lucky recipient of the cover and she is doing an awesome job capturing my vision.  I really like two of the concepts so now I have to decide which direction to go.

Hopefully, I will be able to get Saving Cassie published soon so I can concentrate on Invisible.


So much has happened since that borrowed laptop and a little thing called NANOWRIMO.  It's hard to believe that it hasn't even been a year since I started on this journey.  Sometimes, I feel like a complete fraud when I hear other authors talk about how they've been writing since they were eight.  But then I remind myself that I can do it even if I just started on this journey.

Happy writing!

L.A. Remenicky


1,000 Likes Giveaway is Live on the Giveaway Tab - get entered!



No comments:

Post a Comment