Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Turn Off The Timewasters

When I do page takeovers or an online author event my favorite part is answering questions. Most often, the question is either "Why did you start writing?" and "How do you find time to write?"

For me, finding time is write is simple. Each night after my "real world" job, I fire up my laptop, turn on some music, and try to write. The biggest problem - balancing writing time with promoting time.

In order to not spend all night on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, I set the alarm on my cell phone.



I usually give myself about an hour to answer emails, check what's going on on Facebook, post about my books, and tweet. I also use this time to answer any Facebook messages. When the alarm goes off, it's time to write. Some nights I have to turn off my wifi connection so I don't hear the Facebook notification.

The best way to find time is to sit down and turn off the distractions.

How do you find time to write?

New feature coming Wednesday! MFRW Book Hooks is coming to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment