Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Are You A Duck? I Am!

A duck? Yes, I am a duck!



Let me explain... The other day I went out to check reviews of Invisible on Goodreads and I found *gasp* a one-star review.



I could have ranted and raved, posted a nasty comment, or I could ignore it for what it is - one bad review. Well, guess what I chose...

I chose to let it roll off my back, just like water off a duck's back! There is already enough hate and bitterness floating around on social media, I decided I wouldn't stir the pot and create more drama. One bad review does not constitute an attack on me or my writing - it's just one person's opinion.




Now, I feel like a real author. Even the big names get bad reviews because as they say: "you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time." So, unless someone attacks me personally I will look at reviews as just one way to judge how I'm doing, not as the only validation of what I am doing. With that, I am signing off for now, time to put on my author hat and work on my latest WIP - Ragan's Song, Book 2 in the Fairfield Corners series.

Happy reading!

L.A. Remenicky

1 comment: