Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Father's Day - A Look Back

Sorry this post is late - instead of writing this post on Sunday I was celebrating my grandmother's 90th birthday! I am so thankful to have such a great lady in my life.

On to the post about Father's Day...

Father's Day, a day devoted to Dad. I always have mixed feelings about this day. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Dad but we never really connected. I still struggle with this - who doesn't want the approval of their father?

Maybe it was the crazy schedule he worked while I was growing up - he worked swing shift for as long as I can remember. If he was home he was sleeping.

He wasn't demonstrative. I don't remember him kissing me, except on the day I got married and I don't remember hearing him say I love you.

He never seemed to be interested in my life. One word answers made it hard to continue a conversation. You can only bang your head against a wall for so long.

I wonder what he would think about my writing career (as uneventful as it has been so far...)?

I love you, Dad.








No comments:

Post a Comment